Identity exploration and personal empowerment
Guiding couples on rebuilding relationships, intimacy, and sexual connection
Non-traditional issues: LGBTQ+, polyamory, and kink
Spiritual abuse and trauma
Personal Message from Tamara:
Hello Beautiful Soul! I’m delighted you dropped by.
It’s been my experience that we all have to answer FOUR SACRED QUESTIONS:
Who am I, really, beyond and beneath the projections – the hopes, fears, dreams, and “curses” – of my family and others? Who am I?
What am I doing here, and how is my life unfolding?
Where is life taking me: am I still on the path of my purpose?
Who will come with me: who can I count amongst my allies to help me meet this purpose, and who must I let go of?
My passion is to draw out whatever is most authentic in each being and ignite a fire that will spark a revolution in his or her life towards DEEP FULFILLMENT.
I help perfectionistic misfits and mystics who trip themselves up with anxiety and comparisons, whether just internally or in their relationships with lovers.
Why work with me?
As a rebel, visionary, and self-identified purple sheep, I love working with clients who have a low threshold for small talk and anything that feels like bul$%&. Those who like to go deep and can’t stand settling for the mundane.
Not surprisingly then, even as a natural nurturer, I have come to be known for my “out-of-the-box” and “tell it like it is” approach at times. This means I’ll go where you want to and I won’t ever placate you.
I hold a master’s degree in Psychology and have extensive detailed training in matters pertaining to sexuality and spirituality. I’m also a certified Reiki Master Teacher for those of you who enjoy a little “woo” in your life. (You can read more about such details below.)
Like many, I own being a walking paradox in that I am a complete nerd with my nose perpetually in a book on neuroscience or contemplative philosophy/ religion while staying barefoot and down to chat about “taboo subjects” like polyamory or kink.
I offer sessions both in person at our downtown Pensacola offices or ONLINE so you can take me wherever you go!
If you think I might be a good fit for you, I invite you to send me a message through the contact form to the right or call me at (850) 516-9590, x. 700.
For those of you who like the nitty gritty details (e.g., more information about Tamara’s background, media appearances, and such), click on the link below.Read More
Interview with Pol Cousineau of The Spiritual Voice on Integrating Spirituality & Sex
Interview with Clay Cockrell of The Online Counseling Podcast on SEXUALITY, SPIRITUALITY, AND ONLINE THERAPY
Prepare to have your mind blown with the interview of Tamara Powell – maybe the most unique private practice I’ve ever come across. — Clay Cockrell
Interview With Brighter Vision: What Happens When Sex, LGBTQ+, Religion & Authentic Marketing Collide in Private Practice
Tamara on CUTV Radio:
Click here to hear her interview with Doug Llewelyn of People’s Court
Previous speaking engagements:
- How to talk to your kids about tragic events in the world
- Spiritually Sensitive Therapy for Sexual Concerns in the Bible Belt
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Compulsive Sexual Behaviors and Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Exposed: Uncovering the Realities of Sex
- Where’s the Love? Sex and Relationship Tools
- Simplify Your Search: Finding & Making Friends
- Transpersonal Relationships and Spiritual Partnerships
- Sexual Awareness, Religiosity, and Well-Being in GLB-indentified individuals
- Sacred Prostitution in Ancient Israel
- The Association among Sex Education, Age at First Intercourse, and Contraception Use
- Pensacola Bella Magazine
- The International Journal of Cell Biology
- Argo Journals
- Coastal Christian Family Magazine
- Street Talk Magazine
- Lenten Devotionals
M.A. & B.A. in Psychology, University of West Florida
Minor in Religious Studies
Diploma as Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Angel Card Reader ®™
- Reiki Master (Usui Tradition)
- Expressive Arts Therapy & A.R.T. process
- Clinical Assessments: Strong Interest Inventory, Meyer’s-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), & Personal Assessment Inventory (PAI)
- Treating Shame, Depression, and Sexual Repetitive Behaviors
- Identifying and Treating Domestic Violence
- Art Therapy, The Creative Side of Counseling
- ALLY Training