Cracked Open with Alexandra Covucci: Vol 4 – The Object of Desire (the good, the bad, the becoming)
In this podversation:
- What is objectification and how does someone objectify themselves?
- Common examples of self-objectification
- Ways it has shown up in our (Tamara & Alex’s) lives personally
- Without self-objectification we miss out on the fullness of life
- How to tell whether your objectification is healthy
- The power of psychological assessments like the Enneagram as a measurement of self-objectification and more
- How objectification and self-objectification plays a role in great sex
- Why partners should try to say YES to their lovers as often as possible
- Self-objectification in oral sex
- Lust as an integral part of the total Self
- Confidence is a decision
- How any behavior can be an act of affirmation or aggression (a.k.a. healthy or unhealthy)
Click player to listen:
- The Enneagram ($12): https://tests.enneagraminstitute.com/orders/create
- My favorite Enneagram book that explains each type in depth along with issues in childhood, core fears & desires etc.
- “The Erotic Mind: Unlocking the Inner Sources of Passion and Fulfillment” by Jack Morin
- “Consensual Sadomasochism: How to Talk About it & How to Do It Safely” by Dr. William Henkin and Sybil Holiday
Be the first to hear new episodes of Undressing The Spirit:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Meet Alexandra Covucci
You can connect further with Alexandra on the web at www.alexandracovucci.com
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules. Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
If you’re interested in working with her, either in person or online, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/