In this podversation:
- How Gina came to choose the niche she did: non-monogamous relationships
- The overlap with other common relationship issues
- Likely topics you have or are currently taking for granted in your romantic interactions because you have them on what Gina calls “default status.”
- “Default monogamy sets couples up for failure.”
- Why not have a yearly check up for your relationship?
- Gina’s 100 questions
- It doesn’t always have to feel like work when we’re talking about relationships.
- The danger in not getting clear on trust, privacy, and appropriate boundaries
- You shouldn’t be your partner’s only friend or source of intimacy, even if you’re monogamous
- How relationships may be like ice cream flavors
- A powerful reframe for jealousy and boundaries that is honoring of your relationship
- “Jealousy doesn’t travel alone.”
Click player to listen:
- Gina’s “Conversation Refreshers“
- Gina’s 100 questions to ask before you try non-monogamy (BUT ALSO AMAZING FOR ALL COUPLES)
- “Love in Abundance: a Counselor’s Advice on Open Relationships” by Kathy Labriola
- “Rewriting the Rules: an Integrative Guide to Love, Sex, and Relationships” by Meg Barker
- “Getting Together and Staying Together: Solving the Mystery of Marriage” by Dr. William & Carleen Glasser
- “This is Your Brain in Love: New Scientific Breakthroughs for a More Passionate & Emotionally Healthy Marriage” by Dr. Earl Henslin
- “The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work” by Dr. John Gottman, & Nan Silver
- “Buddhism for Couples: a Calm Approach to Relationships” by Sarah Napthali
Be the first to hear new episodes of Sacred Psychology:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Gina Senarighi, is a couples counselor, communication consultant, and author who’s been helping loving couples transform their relationships for nearly 20 years at retreats, workshops, and in consultations.
Her non-judgmental straight-talk approach, generous expertise, and warmth puts
clients at ease to get real when facing infidelity, jealousy, and non-monogamy. She supports clients online and on retreat as they reconnect with passion and authenticity.
She currently lives in Portland, Oregon with her partner, their baby, and her little dog, Frida.
Connect with Gina further:
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and spiritual empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
She opened Arya Therapy Services as a way to provide holistic health and healing to a global market. With specialties in gender, sexual, erotic, and relational diversity (GSERD), Tamara is passionate about holding sacred space for the self-identified misfits and mystics of the world – the healers, the visionaries, and the creatives.
More recently, she began Tales from a Trapezoid with a goal of pushing the envelope around the more raw and edgier side of life, dedicated to those who may often feel like a “trapezoid in a world full of circles.”
If you’re interested in working with her, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/