Sacred Psychology: Season 3 Episode 8 with Mason Aid
Imagine if a core part of you was invisible to 99% of the world’s population…
In this podversation:
- What life was like before Mason came out as ‘gender queer’ including 7 in-patient hospitalizations
- Learning important terminology for sexual and gender diversity
- Why there’s currently a reclamation of the word ‘queer’
- ‘Dyke’ but not lesbian …yes, it’s possible
- Exploring the love and the pain in being queer in the church
- “God was my beard”
- Taking care to use gender inclusive language in business and on social media
- Why does terminology even matter? Why are there so many labels these days?
- How microaggressions can contribute to self-esteem issues and even self-harm
- “Give yourself as much time to get out of the pit as it took you to get into it.”
- Mason’s experiences with Bipolar disorder and seeking to break stigma surrounding mental health
- “I was handed kicked out of the church and handed over to Satan”
- How Mason came back around to a strong faith in God and community.
- “I didn’t through my faith away. The church threw me away.”
- Exploring the role wretch theology plays in self-hatred for queer Christians
- Tips for showing respect to those who may be on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum
- Why you’re leaving money on the table if your business isn’t using gender inclusive language (e.g., partner, couple, parents)
- “We gender when we don’t need to” #gaystuff
Click player to listen:
Be the first to hear new episodes of Sacred Psychology:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Meet Mason Aid
Mason Aid is an LGBTQ educator and business owner who loves talking about gay stuff and having the awkward conversations we tend to shy away from. They love coffee, taking walks with their family and reading.
Connect with them further:
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and soul mentor for non-conformists. She is also a reiki master teacher known for integrating science and mysticism.
With specializations designed to quell existential angst and provoke the highest potential in each individual to achieve their true soul purpose, Tamara is passionate about holding sacred space for misfits and mystics.
If you’re interested in working with her, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/