Beyond Monogamy: Exploring Polyamory and Open Relationships
I had the distinctive pleasure of podversating with Dr. Nazanin Moali, PhD for her treasure trove of a podcast, Sexology.
We dove into all things outside the box when it comes to poly’ish relationships, including some of the things they can teach the more vanilla among us. Check out my other article on that if you’re curious how such a thing is possible!
Even if you’d never consider such a thing for yourself, you’ll LOVE this episode as a voyeur. Nanazin and I covered everything from religious and societal precedents and taboos to raising children in poly to handling jealousy and more!
Click player below to listen:
If you’ve enjoyed this conversation:
Please consider subscribing to Sexology on iTunes, leaving a 5 star review, or commenting to Nazanin know you appreciated the material we delivered.
We would also be honored if you shared this on your own social media or with someone you feel could benefit from hearing this message. <3
And of course, if you could use a little extra spice in your own relationship or spiritual path, I’d be thrilled to connect in person. See how you might connect with me below. ~ Tamara
- What kink and polyamorous clients know that could help YOU – blog by Tamara
- Love in Abundance: a Counselor’s Advice on Open Relationships” by Kathy Labriola
- “The Jealousy Workbook: Exercises and Insights for Managing Open Relationships” by Kathy Labriola
- “Rewriting the Rules: an Integrative Guide to Love, Sex, and Relationships” by Meg Barker
- “More Than Two: a Practical Guide to Ethical Polyamory” by Franklin Veaux & Eve Rickert
- “The Game Changer: a Memoir of Disruptive Love” by Franklin Veaux
- “The Ethical Slut: a Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships, and Other Adventures” by Dossie Easton & Janet Hardy
- “Opening Up: a Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships” by Tristan Taormino
- “Open All the Way: Confessions From my Open Marriage” by Sadie Smythe
Meet Dr. Nazanin Moali
Nazanin is a clinical psychologist and eating disorder specialist practicing in Los Angeles California. After receiving her doctoral degree in clinical psychology, she completed an APA-accredited post-doctoral residency in the treatment of adolescent and adult eating disorders.
Dr. Moali also hosts podcasts both in English and Farsi which focus on expanding the individual’s knowledge about his or her own sexuality and helping people to embrace sexuality as an essential aspect of life.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules. Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
If you’re interested in working with her, either in person or online, you can learn more about her services here.