In this podversation:
- What does it mean to come back to yourself?
- How does one “get in alignment”?
- Toxic patterns that keep you from getting what you want and further take you away from yourself
- “Sometimes when you lose your way, you find YOURSELF.”
- Rather than asking yourself, “How do I FIX?,” try “How do I FEEL?”
- Clean off your magnet to attract what you want!
- Alex and Tamara share their own experiences with coming back to themselves
- The importance of truly knowing/ be mindful of what it feels like for YOU to be connected to YOU
- “Learn to guide yourself and you will always have the map you need”
Some practical tips to consider:
- Make a “this NOT this” or “this not that” list (e.g., “leader not follower”, “inclusive not exclusive” if you’re Tamara)
- Looking UP instead of looking down (taking off the blinders)
- Meditation, nature, disconnecting from social media
- Movement (dance, yoga, cartwheeling in your living room…whatever)
- Venting/ processing with trusted advisers (be careful of co-ruminating though!)
- Make a mission statement for your friendships/ relationships
- Reading sacred texts/ poetry
- Asking yourself, “What would my pet say?”
- Mantras that resonate with you
- Sending up a quick prayer
Click player to listen:
Tamara’s personal FAVE musical reminder of what this looks/ feels like:
“If you want to find the trail, if you want to find yourself, you must explore your dreams alone. You must grow at a slow pace in a dark cocoon of loneliness so you can fly like wind, like wings, when you awaken.”
― Francesca Lia Block,
“No, a true seeker, one who truly wished to find, could accept no doctrine. But the man who has found what he sought, such a man could approve of every doctrine, each and every one, every path, every goal; nothing separated him any longer from all those thousands of others who lived in the eternal, who breathed the Divine.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
Be the first to hear new episodes of Undressing The Spirit:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Meet Alexandra Covucci
You can connect further with Alexandra on the web at www.alexandracovucci.com
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules. Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
If you’re interested in working with her, either in person or online, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/