Cracked Open with Alexandra Covucci: Vol 12 – Sacred Goal Setting
In the podversation:
- The arguments for and against goal setting and resolutions
- Where is YOUR optimal sweet spot between hustle and flow?
- The proof is in the pudding
- Take radical responsibility; it takes more energy to lie to yourself
- Start with the FEELING of an intention
- Questions to ask yourself to get started with the process
- DECLARATIONS after or above intentions
- Aligned actions naturally follow the intentions and declarations; you have to reverse engineer the plan!
- If your mind tends to get caught up in constant chatter, Alex says, ‘slow the f$% down!'”
- Satisfaction doesn’t come without self-responsibility
- Shift from “I have to” to “I get to!” – the first choice is ALWAYS to change the meaning you ascribe to things
- Where can you bring in the energy of SURRENDER to your plans?
- Don’t forget to keep tabs on how far you’ve come and the magic in each day!
- Tamara’s practice of journaling how many days old she is along with today’s date
- We’re constantly in a state of transition because we are constantly seeking transformation
- The Biodome Experiment – trees need wind to grow
- Where are you on the continuum between feeling mode and fixing mode?
Click player to listen:
- How many days old are you?
- Donald Miller’s Productivity Schedule Worksheet
- Take the Enneagram Personality Test
- Viktor Frankl’s “Man Search For Meaning”
Be the first to hear new episodes of Sacred Psychology:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Meet Alexandra Covucci
You can connect further with Alexandra on the web at www.alexandracovucci.com
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules. Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
If you’re interested in working with her, either in person or online, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/