All the Benefits of Counseling Without the Commute!
As I mentioned in one of my blogs, there’s good reason why online therapy is currently all the rage. Not only have research studies shown it to be just as effective as traditional in-the-same-room type therapy, it comes with additional benefits!
- Increased Confidentiality/ Anonymity – Think about it…no one ever has to know you’ve left your bedroom or office… For those of us who may cry when emotional, there’s no worry about having to walk out of your therapist’s office with puffy eyes or your mascara running. 😉 And if you’re the type who struggles with social anxiety, online counseling has been shown to be extra beneficial.
- Lower Costs Associated with Counseling – No gas money needed. No time spent driving to and from your counselor. Time is money too!
- After Hour Appointments Available – Your counselor can meet with you at a time that works for both of you. Especially good for couples who don’t want to leave the kids home alone or hire a babysitter!
- No Matter Where You or Your Favorite Counselor Travels, You Can Still Meet! – Up until recently, if your job took you out of the area, you likely lost the ability to meet with the therapist you had already developed a great relationship with. And if you happened to have a tough time on vacation, you may have been out of luck. Not any more!
How Online Therapy works
- Choose your appointment time. This can be done by calling me at (850) 516-9590, emailing me, or logging on to the client portal and selecting a time slot that works for you.
- Download Zoom for your computer or app on your phone. You will receive an email with a link, inviting you to join your therapist at your agreed upon time online through Zoom. I chose Zoom because it is one of the current leaders in innovative video conferencing that meets HIPAA guidelines, offering the most stringent of recommended security protocol for confidentiality.
Something to Consider
In the United States, distance health/ counseling, telehealth/ counseling, is still relatively new as far as licensing and regulation goes. Each state has its own rules. In Florida, under my counseling license, I may provide therapy online to anyone within the state of Florida or internationally.
As a coach however, I can see everyone else across all 50 states as coaching still isn’t a regulated field.
Please note, while counseling and coaching can overlap, they are not the same thing. We will discuss your particular needs and see what would be the best fit for you.
If you are in one of the other 49 states and require more intense psychotherapy, I will work with you to find someone near you who is a great fit to either work alongside us or instead of myself.
If you’re interested in learning more, I’d love to chat. Call me at (850) 516-9590 or send me an email. Greatness awaits!