Sacred Psychology: Episode 43 with with Rebecca Wong, LCSW
In this podversation:
- What is a “connectful” relationship?
- Is there a balance in how we emphasize sexuality?
- The need to and the power in how you “embody your body”
- How our sexual health promotes total health
- The transcendent possibility in sex
- The key in giving yourself permission to figure out what you want in sex
- Some of the barriers or struggles to connecting intimately with another
- The “hooker-housewife” phenomenon
- Why even straight women often prefer lesbian porn
- Practical steps to make your sex life better and even sacred
Click player to listen:
Be the first to hear new episodes of Sacred Psychology:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
- “Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence” by Esther Perel
- “The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity” by Esther Perel
- “The Erotic Mind: Unlocking the Inner Sources of Passion and Fulfillment” by Jack Morin
- “Mirror of Intimacy: Daily Reflections on Emotional and Erotic Intelligence” by Alexandra Katehakis, MFT
Meet Rebecca Wong:
Rebecca Wong is a relationship therapist, consultant, and host of the Practice Of Being Seen podcast. She’s also the creator of Connectfulness, a research-based practice that encourages you to explore and embrace every aspect of your humanity – including everything that’s marvelous and all that’s messy.
Rebecca has discovered that the meaning we make of our life’s story is where it all comes together. But staying engaged in the process of discovering that meaning – that is often our greatest challenge. So she invites her clients to get curious about what works and what doesn’t to make space for compassion, intimacy and the ability to slow down and capture the littlest moments.
Rebecca believes that when you truly see yourself, you create the ripple that allows you to be the change you wish to see in the world – and that invites everyone around you to do the same. And she dreams that we can collectively learn, grow and lean into the possibility of leaving behind a more resilient and compassionate planet then we were born into.
Rebecca practices as an LCSW-R in NY’s Hudson Valley where she also resides with her husband, their spunky children and a handful of four legged furry mischief makers.
Connect with Rebecca further:
- Two Night Private Retreat Style Therapy Intensives For Couples
- Rebecca’s private practice: https://connectfulness.com/
- Practice of Being Seen podcast
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules. Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
If you’re interested in working with her, either in person or online, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/