Sacred Psychology: Season 3 Episode 2 with Ros Cardinal
In this podversation:
- We tend to treat leadership as if its a one size fits all approach and that may not work for women
- How cancer for Ros provided a wake up call and new perspective on leadership
- Are there incongruencies between the way we treat men and women in leadership?
- The struggle when a woman ties her self worth to her competence
- Ros’ exploration of tribal societies and the way women lead and connect there
- Can we be both liked and successful?
- Ros breaks down the neuroscience behind the differences between the way men and women lead
- The world of business is constructed by alpha males for alpha males
- 3 types of motivation: the need for achievement, affiliation, or power
- Ros’ leadership archetypes for women
- A queen doesn’t worry if others don’t recognize her sovereignty
- The power in owning your individual strengths and doing life and business YOUR way
- Own the goddamn room – bringing quality and not stressing quantity
Click player to listen:
Be the first to hear new episodes of Sacred Psychology:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Meet Ros Cardinal
When she was growing up, Ros wanted to be a vet or a scientist, but her fascination with human behaviour and neuroscience led her to a career in Organisational Development, specialising in improving business outcomes by developing individuals, teams and organisations.
After more than 20 years in corporate human resources and organisational development roles, a successful battle with cancer gave Ros the nudge to take her passion for transforming leaders and improving how individuals and organisations cope with change, in a new direction.
Leaving her senior corporate role in 2012, Ros established her consulting business, Shaping Change, to achieve her goals. Her inspirational business story was featured in the 2014 book “Australian Entrepreneur.”
Ros is a solutions and results oriented facilitator, with expertise spanning strategic planning, leadership development, organisational culture, change management, emotional intelligence, and employee engagement.
She is also an internationally awarded, talented executive and leadership coach, with current coaching clients at Executive and Senior levels in Government agencies, private enterprise and the community sectors.
Ros is a keen writer and in addition to her book, The Resilient Employee, and her own blog, she contributes regular articles to Leaders in Heels, The Huffington Post, Thrive Global and for “People Development” Magazine.
Connect with Ros further at any of the links above or on social media:
Ros’ FB Group for women – “The Art & Science of Female Leadership: Women’s Leadership Archetypes”
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and soul mentor for non-conformists. She is also a reiki master teacher known for integrating science and mysticism.
With specializations designed to quell existential angst and provoke the highest potential in each woman to achieve her true soul purpose, Tamara is passionate about holding sacred space for misfits and mystics.
If you’re interested in working with her, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/