Sacred Psychology: Season 4 Episode 4 with Stacey Shelby
This week I’ve teamed up with Dr. Stacey Shelby, the enigmatic author of Tracking the Wild Woman Archetype: A Guide to Becoming a Whole, In-Divisible Woman to talk about sacred sexuality and how women in society can reacquaint themselves with their Wild Woman.
We dish DEEP on how self-identity takes a major shift later in life and how making space for what some might consider “hippy BS” could teach your heart to orgasm too.
In this podversation:
- 3:50: Making learning more accessible to women of all backgrounds
- 5:45: Her book: Tracking the Wild Woman Archetype: A Guide to Becoming a Whole Indivisible Woman
- 6:00: What is the Wild Woman Archetype?
- 9:09: Grounding our Wild Woman into our physical bodies and what that means
- 10:38: Can we as women fully connect with our Wild Woman in today’s society?
- 12:45: Embracing the tension of the search for the Wild Woman within us
- 13:49: Important shit!
- 16:02: How to navigate our autonomy and our connection to something bigger
- 20:15: The quintessential paradox of love
- 21:32: Sacred Sexuality and Conscious Relationships of the Wild Woman Archetype
- 27:40: Not loving by default
- 31:16: Making space for the best sex
- 34:44: All sex as sacred and finding ecstasy in the heart and genitals
- 37:05: The importance of the profane
- 38:37: Challenges of polyamory and conscious non-monogamy
- 42:53: Possessiveness vs. Jealousy
- 45:51: Chasing the high vs. sinking into the soul
- 49:26: The common denominator of successful relationships
- 50:57: “If we’re wanting to live a soulful, purposeful, rich life follow love. Soul will always follow love.”
Click player to listen:
Be the first to hear new episodes of Sacred Psychology:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Meet Dr. Stacey Shelby:
Stacey Shelby, Ph.D., is an author, speaker and depth psychotherapist. She is also a Registered Clinical Counselor (RCC) in Canada, a certified clinical dream tender, and she has studied in Indigenous medicines and yoga traditions. She holds a masters and Ph.D. in Depth Psychology with a specialization in Jungian and Archetypal Studies.
Dr. Shelby has a thriving clinical practice in Squamish, British Columbia, where she works with adults in various stages of personal transformation in person and via internet. She is gifted at working with the symbolic language of the soul and she is dedicated to honoring the soul as it presents in the lived experience of daily life.
Connect with her further at: DrStaceyShelby.com
Purchase her book on Amazon here.
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and soul mentor for non-conformists. She is also a reiki master teacher known for integrating science and mysticism.
With specializations designed to quell existential angst and provoke the highest potential in each individual to achieve their true soul purpose, Tamara is passionate about holding sacred space for misfits and mystics.
If you’re interested in working with her, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/