In this podversation:
Researchers estimate that approximately 1/5th of the world’s population could be classified as being an HSP – highly sensitive person. Don’t let the language fool you though; as Patricia Young shares, HSP’s have superpowers and there is great strength in flipping the negative narrative around feeling deeply.
- 2:25 – How did you find this work?
- 4:15 – HSP’s and limiting explanations
- 8:50 – Differential Suscepta-WHAT?
- 13:10 – Deep reflecters
- 16:05 – We’re all just saturated sponges
- 18:43 – Feeling on a cellular level
- 20:53 – We’re EXTRA extra(sensory)
- 25:40 – Does sensitivity mean we’re automatically prone to codependency?
- 32:55 – What people thinks make us weak are actually what makes us so powerful
- 36:52 – HSP’s in relationships
- 41:42 – HSP love and support suggestions
Be the first to hear new episodes of Sacred Psychology:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Meet Patricia Young
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and soul mentor for non-conformists. She is also a reiki master teacher known for integrating science and mysticism.
With specializations designed to quell existential angst and provoke the highest potential in each individual to achieve their true soul purpose, Tamara is passionate about holding sacred space for misfits and mystics.
If you’re interested in working with her, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/