Sacred Psychology: Episode 61 with Suzy Rosenstein
In this podversation:
- How a layoff and moving through a midlife funk literally transformed Suzy’s life
- Recognizing a ‘midlife funk’ and how it differs from a ‘midlife crisis’
- The need to take time out to dream again
- #mangomoment – Suzy’s wakeup call with her son
- The three main categories of regret proofing your life – your career/ contributions, your relationships with others, and your relationship with yourself
- Check your panty drawer girlfriend!
- Harnessing the power of conscious subjective thought
- “Your brain is like a 2 year old running around with knives; you don’t want to leave it unsupervised.”
- Identify what you want and then strategize how to work through any obstacles
- Take a clue from what you wanted as a kid
- “It’s not about age; it’s about stage”
Click player to listen:
Be the first to hear new episodes of Sacred Psychology:
Or copy RSS feed into any podcast player:
Meet Suzy Rosenstein
Suzy is a Master Certified Life Coach and holds a Master’s Degree in Applied Social Psychology. As someone who had a great job on paper but wasted too many years feeling stuck herself, she loves helping working women who feel like life is passing them by and sense that they may have regrets if they don’t make a change. She helps them get clear about what they want, start taking action and create a life they can get excited about.
Connect with Suzy further:
Website: www.suzyrosenstein.com where you can download a free ebook with 10 tips to bust out of your midlife funk
Women in the Middle Podcast: Loving Life after 50
Meet Tamara Powell
Tamara Powell, LMHC is a licensed therapist, university psychology instructor, and empowerment coach who believes life should be lived as a journey that is “anything but ordinary.”
Her work is specialized to help individuals break free from toxic cycles of distress, dysfunction, and dissatisfaction with life that are created when trying to live according to someone else’s rules. Only by living what she calls radical autonomy, can one obtain soul nourishing relationships and a sense of true life purpose and inner peace.
If you’re interested in working with her, either in person or online, you can learn more about her services here.
Sound Editing provided by Pete Bailey: http://petebailey.net/audio/